Monday 22 June 2009

Man without a plan

I was that man on Saturday…. No idea where I was going until I actually got there! I set off late as I had to fix the washing machine first….

Now, me and machines don’t normally go together. According to my wife, I invent at least two new swearwords each time I try to fix something as; to quote: “they fecking designed this crap….. whatever moron put this together did it wrong….. that’s a stupid place to put that bit….” Etc… You have to do that bit in a mockney voice to get somewhere close to how I sound…or at least sound to my wife. I personally think I sound normal and don’t have an access but, what would I know?

Anyway, I digress, the washing machine was soooo easy to fit…the pump popped out when I pressed the restraining hub in and the new one went back in without a problem. It was up and running again within 3 minutes!!! Well, with that shock and surprise still flouting around, I needed a sleep to recover so didn’t go out for my ride until 3pm.

Well, where should I go??? No idea really, but I set off towards Acton Trustell and then back along the canal…. Do I come off as normal and then head along the ring road as I normally do??? Nah, boring…lets head toward Shugborough…so that’s what I did. Quite an enjoyable ride really but quite hard on the old bottom given the rough nature of the track. Got home at 5.45pm to find my tea on the table…. Life doesn’t get much better than that really ;-)

Here’s the route.

http://gb.mapometer.com/en/cycling/route_189884.html

Whilst its not much of a ride, this was my trip to the Post Office earlier in the day. I went on my road bike which I haven’t used much recently. It was interesting to note that I got up to 19mph on part of the ride….okay, it was downhill….sigh.

http://gb.mapometer.com/en/cycling/route_190051.html

No comments: