Sunday 28 June 2009

Why I don't normally ride during the early afternoon...

Bit of a strange weekend this one.... I had planned a long ride for Saturday morning but woke feeling really weak and under the weather... talking about weather: where were the thunder storms we were promised yesterday? They didnt turn up here. So, instead of breaking my distance record (2009.... my record for 2008 was 32 miles or so), I kipped on the sofa all day. Sigh.

So...here comes Sunday. Now I need to go out as if I don't they I will get out of the routine and wont be fit enough to buy my Boardman.... well, guess what? Yes, I felt crap again. Sigh. But.... after a bit of a pep talk and after plenty of water, out I went with a plan to do somewhere over 15 miles... I did have a 20 mile and a 23 mile ride planned but given the time (1pm), I thought I would have some fall back positions.

Oh... and while we are at it (!), why do I print off maps to take with me and forget them??? Sigh.
Anyway, out I go and instead of heading up to Coppenhall I think...lets go across country..... Well, I would have but there was a chav out walking his dog who seemed to think I was looking at him in the wrong way and started getting aggressive when I got close. Well, what to do? Call him a wanker and offer him out? Or, turn off the path he is on and head back to the road.
Now, normally I would splat the twat, but it was too warm so, I turned off the path and headed back to the road.

Hummm.... Hyde Lea bank.... I guess it rises about 150 foot in about half a mile. I have never made it without stopping and guess what...still didn't but... it did feel a little easier than last time I tried.... but blimey, it was getting warm!

The ride from then on was okay...apart from the fact that it was up and down all the way.... the map seemed to suggest it was flat. No, it wasn't. I bottled out at Weaton Aston and thus, only did the 15 miles in around 2 hours. I think I stopped a few more times than normal as I needed to take quite a lot of water in.

And of the chav...well, lets hope someone with more of a temper than mine looks at him in the wrong way and he gets the kicking he needs....or better still, he gets a job.

http://gb.mapometer.com/en/running/route_194656.html

No comments: