Friday 7 August 2009

I brought a bike....

And I like it.

Finally, after a considerable amount of faffing about not making my mind up, I finally decided to buy a bike, so on Tuesday I went and put a deposit on one of these:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/secteur-sport-2010-road-bike-ec019550?query=Secteur

Nice eh. With the cycle to work scheme it will “only” cost £390, which isnt bad really…. What is rather disappointing however is that I wont be getting it until the end of September….its still on a boat somewhere between here and the sweat shop it was built in. Well, that does give me 6 weeks to lose another stone I suppose.

Well, no ride action on Monday or Tuesday of this week as I felt a bit under the weather, but on Wednesday I did 5 miles on the rollers…the most I have done in one go, at an average speed of 10.1mph… I did touch 20.1mph at one stage: which was impressive!

So, target so far.... Road miles 24.55, Roller Miles 5 miles. Target for Road to do 225.34, Roller Miles (set myself 40 miles to do)... 35 miles to do.

No comments: