Friday 7 August 2009

Mont King Cod

Well, as it wasn’t raining for a change, I dragged myself out of bed and headed out for a cycle… I wasn’t really planning to go far as I was still tired from my effort on the rollers and once again, I hadn’t slept that well…sigh. So, why not try a quick climb up Mont King Cod….

There are a number of “hills” in the Stafford area which I try to avoid as, well lets be honest, I am crap at climbing hills! This one however is a right pain as its only 200 yards from me and the fact I avoids it, means I have to take quite a detour if I want to head north out of town…sigh.

So, off I set not thinking it would be possible but… I got it first time, without stopping and without “dying.” Okay…its only a climb of 70 foot with an average gradient of 3% BUT… I did it!

Here is the route thereafter.

http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=14616

Not a long ride: only 13.65 miles, but I achieved an average speed of 10.4 mph with a maximum of 32mph and did quite a bit on the road, which was nice.

Right, thats Mont King Cod “had” (there is a chip shop half way up of that name), next Radford Bank…. Hyde Lea Bank (glup) and finally… Berry Ring Bank (double glup!!!)

Targets: Road: Done 38.20. To do: 211.80
Rollers: Done 5.00 To do 35.00

No comments: