Friday 7 August 2009

Lost....

Sigh, got lost on today’s cycle ride as it seems that the “road” from near the M6 to the A5 is in fact a track which I didn’t see as I “steamed” by!!!

So, why did I go out for a ride today? Well, I was bored; it was sunny (but not over warm) and I wanted to get my legs out….Yes, I went out in shorts for the first time ever!

The ride itself wasn’t too bad apart from the bit over the railway bridge heading towards the M6 when a lorry “tired” to push me off the road…actually he went around me well but swung his back end in quite close to me, forcing me almost into the kerb. Not nice.

Anyway, found a back way through Penkridge after going the long way thorough Dunston…. I wanted to get off the main road onto a quiet lane… and then onto the road which cuts down to the canal and then towards Cannock. The plan from there was to head back to the A5 before coming back to Gailey along that road and home….but, sigh, I didn’t know the road wasn’t a road.

Coming back was fine… got into top gear and cruised along at 18mph for a while….sadly still got chased and overtaken by a fit young man on a road bike…nevermind, that will be me one day! I did struggle over the last couple of miles but its quite a climb back from Dunston: I am getting better at climbing however but still not great at it.

Total distance today: 20.18 Total distance: 58.38. To do: 191.62

My average speed today was 11.4mph with a maximum speed of 29.4mph

The route: http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=14773

No comments: