Monday 4 January 2010

Another way

of saying its icy and cold out there needed please.... In fact, its too cold to go out on the bike and the walk to the doctors this morning was a real struggle with the pavements being a skating rink.

Soooo....once more into the gym dear friends, once more. Well actually no as, after finding the water frozen in the water bottle I had left in their over night, I put my foot down with a firm hand and informed the current wife that I was bring the bike and the rollers in to use in my office. Good idea she said....doh, I was looking for a fight over it but her being smarter than the average man, she knew what fight to, er, fight, or which to allow me to think I had won. Sigh.

So, in came the bike and on went the lyrca.... no, not a nice sight and off I went. As you may know, I have said a few times that the cold weather effects my performance, well being in the warm certainly proved that as I did well:

6.36 miles in 30 mins at an average of 15.2mph.

After some tea I thought I would do a little more. This time my 30 min ride was interupted by some moron looking for the hospital: we have a telephone number which is similar to theirs. Not quite as good this time but:

4.30 miles in 20 mins at an average of 14.9mph.

A quick cup of tea and phone call to the current wife later, I finished the day with a little 10 min ride to make an hour on the bike

2.31 miles in 10 mins at an average speed of 14.2mph.

Soooooo....12.97 miles today over an hour. Not bad really when you think that's roller time and worth about double of that of road miles.

Lets hope the weather improves soon so I can hit the road again (er, not actually hit the road as that hurts!)

Distance done: 50.90. To do 3 449.10

No comments: