Saturday 2 January 2010

Four seasons

In one ride....

Firstly, the weather forecaster who could get a job as a stand up comedian, said yesterday that today would be a nice sunny, if a little cold day. So, I wake to find it was snowing.....grrrrr. Okay, it only lasted about 30 mins and only a few mm settled but WTF???!!!! You would have thought given the supercomputers the Met Office have, they could tell the difference between a sunny day and a snowy one.

Okay, I thought, given yesterdays coldness, that I would wait until lunchtime before going out to give it time to warm up. Well it did to an impressive 0.8c, or -2.9c with our old friend wind chill. That's not too bad but hey ho, it was quite windy out there, whereas first thing there had been little or no wind.

So, off on Boris I went in the sunshine.... that didn't last too long and by the time I had reached the A518 bridge the sky had come over all dark....rain! I turned back not liking to get wet but strangely, the rain was quite light and not that nasty to ride in.

I suppose the rain however must have gotten into my brain as instead of heading straight home, I decided to go to the new leisure centre to see if they had secure bike storage.... well they have bike hoppes but these were not covered by CCTV...sigh. I guess I will have to get the BSO on the road when I start using the swimming baths as I don't like the idea of leaving Boris or Jordan outside whilst I do a few lenghts. Oh, why must water have gotten into my brain? Because just as I turned off the road home for the leisure centre the light rain changed to an all out flood meaning by the time I did the circut of the town centre and cycled home, I was wetter than a, er, wet thing.

Not pleased with the weather or the distance done as really I could do with doing more miles than just 13.43 miles. However, it seems other cyclists are having problems as well with the weather as Bike Radar is full of cyclists moaning about it.

The route: http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=29428

Distance done: 13.43 miles. Month to date: To do:

Height climbed: 318 feet. Month to date:

More tomorrow perhaps???? Well, its supposed to be -5c tonight so ice and that....hang on, that's according to the bloke from Comedy Central! Twat.

No comments: