Sunday 26 July 2009

The Great British Summer...

A few facts: This month: July, there have been 19 days (out of 26) on which it has rained with a total of 8cm (or about 3 inches worth) falling out of a total of 30cm in the year so far... so, about a quarter of the years rain has fallen from the sky this month. So, would you be surprised to hear that we had early 1cm of the wet stuff today...no, thought you wouldn't be.

So, what does a bloke who hates cycling in rain do? Well.... I suppose he could get his rain jacket out and just go for it but that's not going to happen as I am still too fat to fit in it. Instead, and after spending £100odd quid for them, why don't I go on the rollers.....

Hummmm.... I tried them the other day and found them really difficult to use but after preserving, I did manage to do three miles on them with a maximum speed of 14.3mph and an average of 8mph. Got to say however, that cycling 3 miles on them was harder than doing 30 miles on the MTB! Blimey, if I can get used to them, I will get fit!!! Oh, good news is that I have learned how to balance on them so happily, I don't always have to lean on the wall!

Oh, I can also see why “they” say you should have a ran running while on them...blimey, you get hot!

No comments: