Friday 31 July 2009

The last week in Sunny July

Wasn't sunny, in fact it was more like a windy week in October....sigh. To round up my week then... Monday I did a couple more miles on the rollers while the heavens dropped yet more rain; whilst on Tuesday I actually cycled to our local office which, despite only being a round trip of 5 miles or so, was a right pain due to the wind.

http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=13426

Wednesday.... didn't bother going out; whilst on Thursday I thought...hell, I need a new bike and headed to Wolverhampton to look some over....hummmm.

I quite like the Specialized Scetur Triple but, and its a big but, the new 2010 version isn't available until October which really isn't on. I quite like the Giant Defy 3 but the shop I went to doesn't sell them: sigh, and the Trek 1.2 (nice colours). Going to look again tomorrow.... the wife asked why I need a new one....sigh....cause I do!

Today then...well I need to go to the Post Office which is less than a mile away, so went the long way around!!!! What can I say about the ride...well, I tried to get up Hyde Lea Bank again...and managed ¾ before the lungs and heart gave out and I had to stop...one day you will be mine Hyde Lea Bank....one day!

The rest of the ride was enjoyable although I was buzzed by a tractor who just had to overtake whilst I was doing 18mph.... up hill!!!... and the road was a little muddy in places. There wasnt much traffic which was nice, until I got back to the A449 but then its a Friday afternoon so I should expect that.

http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=13426

I was quite impressed with my average speed....10.4mph and thought my maximum speed of 56.9mph was, well frankly unbelievable!

Well that's a month over and I do feel fitter... I wonder if I made my targets?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh..the actual route was:

www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=14221