Saturday 18 July 2009

Stafford Road Club: Senior Section..

Just realised, I haven't written up last Sundays ride!!! How remiss.

Well, after the long 25 mile plus ride, I wanted to do a short one just to keep my legs moving as they were somewhat sore after the pounding they took 24 hours earlier, so off on the mostly flat route down to Gailey I went.

The ride is quite simple so I went on my road bike: something I haven't used much this year. Blimey, you do notice the weight difference between that and the MTB I have been riding. Its also much quicker getting me to Penkridge in less than 25 minutes... I know thats not brilliant in the scheme of things, but good for me.... lets put it down to the wind which was blowing a gale again. I hate the wind.

Anyway, this is the route

http://gb.mapometer.com/en/cycling/route_202723.html

The trip back was unremarkable until I reached the last climb into Stafford: up and over the railway line and then after dipping back down. Why you may ask, well while I had stopped for a quick drink what seemed to be the senior section of Stafford Road Club came by. Now, I have about 20 years on them so I thought...lets tag onto the back of them and get a tow up the hill....hahahahahahaha..... they left me for dust!!!! I still have a way to go before I can keep up with people 20 years older than me....sigh.

Nevermind, it was a nice quick ride.

No comments: