Sunday 19 July 2009

Sunday 19th

Well, with 27 miles in my legs from yesterday, you would think I would be a bit reluctant to go too far today as, well I am not that fit am I. You would be right but I had a nagging wish to make it 50 miles this weekend...so, that's what I did.

It was quite early with rain expected, so I took the road bike which is considerably quicker than the MTB and just for a bit of difference, I decided to use the road instead of paths for part of the trip...that was fun getting up to 28 miles an hour....okay, I was going down hill at the time. My average speed was a disappointing 9.8mph: must make 12 miles an hour as an average before long.

Anyway, the trip down to the M54 junction was fine and in the end I did 24 miles, making 51 miles for the weekend. I am feeling a bit sore around the neck but that's expected really.

Here is the route.

http://gb.mapometer.com/en/running/route_206653.html

No comments: