Monday 6 July 2009

Sunny Sunday....

Or so the lying bastard…sorry Weather Man said. So, how comes then before I had even made 2 miles, I was wet to the skin??? Sigh.

Now, I normally hate rain as being a glasses wearer, I can’t see what I am doing…is that a lorry or a bus shelter????....... but, I decided to carry on and hope it passed by…which eventually it did. Oh, and my rain jacket…sigh. I knew I had put on weight but it didn’t fit and I managed to break the zip doing it up…sigh. I suppose I should buy a new one…. Which fits but it seems they don’t do them in really fat bloke side (although I lost my first stone this weekend!!!!).

So where did I go? Here

http://gb.mapometer.com/en/cycling/route_198185.html

It’s a very straightforward ride with no major problems on it….its just slopes and cycle path most of the way. Two things impressed me however. Firstly, why do all the “fit young men in lyrca” around here only ride black “Giants”? Everyone who past me was on one!!!! Secondly, I managed to get up the hill back into Stafford without stopping (at mile 16. Its not much of a hill…perhaps 50 foot but after a ride of that length, I would normally be knackered). That did please me.

Well, 41 miles over the weekend has left me a bit sore, but quite pleased really.

No comments: