Thursday 5 November 2009

Back on the bike....

After Fridays ride, I was left, as you know good reader, with an extremely sore left knee. Well, it didnt want to be alone so the right one came out in sympathy leaving me unable to ride and indeed, in pain when trying to walk. So the only thing left to do was to rest it, use a cold compress and generally let it get better over time.

Well, today I finally decided that it was feeling better so used the bike on the rollers....after putting the seat up which is supposed to be good for bad knees.... but first, some news.

So, I've not been able to cycle so to carry on trying to get fit I used the weights a couple of time, including one session where I did reps of 15 kilo after two lots of 10kg reps... blimey, 15kg is hard in some excerises!

Oh...and I brought a treadmill.

Why on earth would I do that? Well, it would be nice to learn to run but first, perhaps I need to learn to walk fast first. So, off to Chesterfield (the same place I got the gym) and £90 later I have a powered machine which goes up to 6mph...that's certainly fast enough to get your heart beating!!! I used it this lunchtime getting doing 1 mile in around 14 minutes with a top speed of 5.2mph.... oh no.... I see more targets coming on!!!!

To make it a full work out, I did some more 10kg reps before heading onto the bike for a quick blast. Okay, it wasnt a long ride.....only 2 miles at an average of 13.4mph but it nice to get some movement in my legs.

So how are my knees? I'll let you know.

So, Rollers 2 miles....to do....loads

Average rollers speed 13.4mph

Treadmill: 1 mile. 14 mins.

No comments: