Thursday 19 November 2009

An experiment....

So.... what am I going to do???? Well, just watched the X files so could try to find an ET to cut up, or something like that.... but sadly no beam of light have arrived today to take me away to be probed... sadly.

Anyway, I have decided to see how many rides I can do today on the rollers and how far I can do..... if the first ride this morning is anything to go by.... the answer will be not far and not many...sigh again.

So, so far today:

8.40am.

3.4 miles in 20 mins at an average speed of 14.1mph. That means I stopped quite often to get my breath back. Perhaps I need to cycle slower so I don't need so many stops?

12.50 update.

Well tried to stick to a reasonable average speed rather than "blasting off" and dying a few yards later with this ride. I had planned to stay between 14.0 and 14.9 mph but managed for a couple of miles to keep that above 15mph. And yes, it did seem to result in me being less breathless and needing less stops.

I managed to achieve 4.2 miles in 20 mins with an average speed of 14.9mph. So... I went slower to go faster...!

4pm update....

Well, what I learned earlier was soon forgotten as off I went far too fast, only to stop to listen to the bloke from the Irish FA say that last nights match against France should be replayed....like that's going to happen. In fact, if it happens, I go out naked on my next ride..... and you don't want to see that!!!

Anyway, back on topic, I managed slightly less than last time at 4.15 miles with an average speed of 14.7mph.

5pm update....

As I couldn't be bothered to go back into the house: the rollers are in the garage, due to the amount of "air freshner" the current wife had been using (please don't get me started on that stuff!) I decided to do another "run" before tea...... hummmmm, bit of a mistake as I had very little left in the "tank." Sigh.

Having said that, I managed more "miles" than my first ride this morning at 3.74 miles at an average speed of 14mph.....oh, that's slightly slower than before!!! I must therefore have cycled at a steader pace with less stops. Not sure about that. Well, the current wife is cooking tea so better go and eat that. Wish me luck.

9pm update....

Still alive after tea....it was okay although she never cooks the onions enough for my liking and the potatoes were over wet.

So, did I go out to and do some more cycling...did I heck as like. Sorry, but I feel too tired this evening so that's it.

Total distance done...not sure. Will add it up in a second or so (added it up...15.5miles).

Was it worth it? Not sure... but someday I will look back on this and think...hummmm, I was really crap then wasnt I.

So, 15.5miles done. Total 29.5miles.

No comments: