Sunday 1 November 2009

October targets revisited

Well, its the first of the month so time to revisit the targets I set at the start of October.

They were:

Distance: As the nights are drawing in, I will have less chance to get out on the road so I am going to set this at 250 miles this month. Well due to injury and being lazy, I failed to achieve this target making only 212 miles this month...the worse I have done for a couple of months..... So, Fail.

Rollers: Given the above, I want to do at least 50 miles on these this month. Well, its a bit of a surprise but I made 88 miles month so not only achieved the target but beat it by miles! Achieved.

Height climbed: At least one 1500 ride and at least two more over 1000! Blimey, that's going to be hard. I would like an average ride of 750 feet. Came no where near doing this doing only one ride of over 1000 feet (by three foot!!!!) Must pull my finger out....So Failed!!! Average climb was 561 foot so again Fail.

Average speed.... I am crap at going fast and given the fact I want to do more climbing, I think an average of 12mph seems about right. Hummm.... I might be getting quicker...average 12.2mph. Achieved.

Average distance. Up a little from last month I think... how about 25 miles. Came close but again its a fail at 23.3miles. So Fail.

Weight loss. Down from 263 to 258lb. Just about achieved as I am 258.8lbs...lets say Achieved.

So, overall, still room for considerable improvement.

No comments: