Wednesday 18 November 2009

Back on the rollers again.

Bleeping hull, I am crap at titles!!!!

I don't suppose I could convience you that this post is about an epic 100 miles ride I did before breakfast, backward....without my seat being in place....on one wheel. Well, that's what I did......

Okay, perhaps I didn't! What I did do is go "ouch" at 4am when I got a nasty case of cramp in my left calf. I have had the resulting pain all day...sigh.

Anyway (a word I use far too often), I decided that I do need to MTFU a bit and went for a ride on my rollers....why not use the road you may ask? Have you seen the weather out there? We had rain for most of the day with winds over 40mph!

So, what did I do I can hear you say (hearing voices again.... I know they aren't really but they have such good ideas......)? Well at lunch time I did 4.3 miles at an average of 13.4mph. Hummmm. It didnt feel that good; whilst this evening after a curry I did another 5.71 miles in 30 minutes at an average of 14.2mph.

So, 10 miles done which when added to the 4 miles I had done previously this month, makes a grand total of 14miles. It looks like the rollers will get more action over the next few days as, to be honest, the weather looks really, really, really crap.

Finally, good news. I brought a cycling hi viz jacket in May which I could not get into. Well, I put it on today and it fits (almost). Well, I can do it up now without breathing in. Perhaps I might try it on the bike one day soon.

No comments: