Tuesday 17 November 2009

Back on my bike 3....

Well, not been a very good boy this month as its been 8 days since my last ride..... yes, that is bad. Its not as if I haven't had time... there have been a few times I could have gone out or on the rollers, but, sigh, I just lost my mojo for a bit, what with the evenings creaping in and the mornings not getting light until 7.30am or so.

I suppose I could also put up that I have been away for at least 4 days in this period and the fact that its been raining cats and dogs most days. But come on, admit it, I have been lazy and need to MTFU and get out there!!!

So that's what I did today despite the fact that the wind was gusting to 30mph and the roads were wet and and and and and.... and I got on the scales this morning and discovered I had put on a pound!!!! Sigh.

Anyway, off I went and blimey, it hurt for the first three or four miles as, well I didnt warm up sufficiently and I was trying to ride into the wind. Indeed, at the end of School Road I was almost ready to turn around and come home. Thankfully, I MTFU a little and carried on to Penkridge.

Now the road the other side of Penkridge is one of my favourites as it has very few cars on it...indeed I only saw 6 in the 40 mins I was riding around there. Oh, I did laugh when I went over the humpback bridge only to find a road roller coming the other way. Now, do I take "primary" or do I pull over and let it by?????

I did the loop towards Cannock and then back home along the Old Penkridge Road. (averaged about 15mph along there!!!)...it was starting to get dark and school run mums (the second worse drivers in the world) were about, so I stopped to put my lights on. Thankfully, no one tried to pull out on me, so the ride home was without incident.

Well, my knee currently feels fine (although my soft bits are a little sore) and generally I am pleased I didnt turn back after 4 miles.

The route: www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=26249

Distance: 24.33. Total distance 53.66. To do...loads.

Height climbed: 572 feet.

Average speed 12.3mph.

No comments: