Monday 9 November 2009

Back on the bike 2

Well, after a weeks rest, I finally decided to try my knees out so did a slowish 3 miles on the rollers on Friday. It felt fine and didn't cause any real reaction....so lets go for a reasonable ride on Saturday eh....

Okay, that was the plan but somehow the current wife got in the way and decided I had DIY to do instead. Sigh. By the time I had finished my tasks for the day, it was getting dark so I missed out.

Sunday came....bleeping cold it was but out I went. I had decided that I had a choice of two routes...either a flat one, or I could try and climb the largest hill around here....yep, I "manned up" and took the second option. Sadly, I am still not fit enough to get right to the top, but managed to do the majority of the hill.... the last bit really ramps up so its something to work on eh.

The rest of the ride was fine, if a bit muddy and although I only managed to average 11.7mph, when you consider that I tried to climb the main hill and no doubt only did 5mph up it, the average was likely to be higher than it was recorded (not sure if that makes sense) if I had taken a flatter route.

So, how is the knee??? Well it was fine when I first came home but there are a few odd pains in it now and again. Don't really have time this week to go out on it again, so will get some more rest before trying it again next Sunday (if awake- I am gigging it this weekend! Yes, at my age!)

So the route: http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=25500

Distance done: 30.33 To do....not sure but I don't think I am going to make it.

Height climbed: 934 feet

Average speed 11.7

Rollers: 3 miles Total done: 4 miles To do....forget

Average speed 13.5mph.

No comments: