Friday 30 October 2009

Ouch

Ouch ouch ouch and what's more Ouch.

Am I in pain....what ever gives you that (ouch) idea??? Could it be (ouch) the fact I am sitting here with a cold compress on my kn (ouch) ee or (ouch) have I given you some sort of (ouch) verbal (ouch) clue?

Yes, you are right, I am in pain with my left knee. For some reason, it is hurting like buggery... might have something to do with the 23 mile ride I did at lunchtime.

The ride...well to be honest, I was going to try to climb some hills but bottled out of it at the end of the road and instead of turning left, turned right towards the flatter lands of Penkridge.... and then discovered how windy it is out there (current average speed 15mph). To be honest, I felt like giving up as it was like riding through something sticky. Anyway, I got to the turn and somehow found some energy and picked up the speed on the way back, so much so I was worried about getting caught by a mobile speed camera (as if! It was parked on the side of the last climb into Stafford.... I went past it doing 11mph although I climbed the hill without problems).

So in the end I am sort of pleased I went out, although sore....ouch

The route: http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=24827

Done: 23.04 Total: 211.52 To do 38.48

Height climbed 505 Total: 5632

Average speed 12.6

No comments: