Wednesday 2 December 2009

Bell End.

It seems I am a "bell end." Whatever one of those is.

To explain...after a pretty busy morning, I received an email from my line manager saying he had had to go home so taking a chance, I headed out for a quick 20 miles or so as....are you sitting down...it didn't look like rain and the wind had dropped!!!!

So, off I went and an impressive 22 mins later I was in Penkridge! That's one of the fastest times I had done for that trip. I don't think it was anything to do with the fact that the current wife and the monster in ....sorry Mother in Law were going to Penkridge Market today and I wanted to beat them there??? Well, not sure if I beat them there, but an average of 13.3mph was achieved. Pleased about that!

As you know, Dear Reader (as if anyone reads this rubbish!) there is a backroad I like from Penkridge towards Cannock Hockey Club. Well off that way I went today only to find the roads to Heatherton closed. Not sure why but it ruined the distance I was planning to do. Nevermind eh, I got some nice speed up on the way back to Penkridge...well it is slightly downhill for a mile or so.

On the way back, instead of going via the quiet back roads, I tend to go via the chav streets of Penkridge and then along the semi main road to Acton Trussell.... that's when it happened and I became a "bell end."

It seems, you see, that when a chavet in her crap 51 reg lump of rust pulls out on me when I am less than 5 yards from her doing 15mph, I am not supposed to wag my finger at her and shake my head...no no no... Bad Man. I mean, I should just let the chavet: whose car is worth less than my cycling shoes, own the road. After all, she more than like might have insurance and perhaps even pays her VED.... perhaps.

Anyway...it seems I upset the poor chavet so she turned around and next thing I know I have the chavets latest slag hanging out the window asking me if I have a problem. I must admit I did laugh at them and came out with the priceless line..: "Sorry, I didn't realise I was stopping you from getting to the Job Centre to sign on.".....well I would have done so if I had thought of it at time, rather than half an hour later. No, all I said was my own problem was with him, as he was so funny. Well, I suppose he could have stopped the car and looked to see if I was hard enough to follow it up...now that would have been stupid as I would have d locked the twat...but as he had less balls than our three cats (none of which have all balls) they drove off. Twat.

The rest of the ride back was uneventful, although I did get up the last hill into town without much of a struggle... I am improving on that hill thankfully.

http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=27427

Distance done: 18.36 miles.

Height climbed: 419 feet.

Average speed. 13.2mph (pleased about that!)

Happily, I was back at my desk before anyone had noticed I was out!!!

Oh... a slight downer on what was an enjoyable ride (despite being a Bell End) is that my right knee is now hurting quite badly. Nevermind eh.

No comments: