Sunday 20 December 2009

Not much to report.....

Its been cold so my trips out have been only to the gym and back....blimey its cold in there!!!! So much so, I could only do 3 miles yesterday (Saturday) before giving up; whilst today I did 5.1miles with the heater on making a total of 8.1 miles for the weekend....so much for my making 2000 miles this year....or indeed making 1900 miles! I might struggle to 1850 given that I am away now until the last day of the year and can't take my bike with me. Sob.

What else....oh, brought a Boardman.

What else.... sorry....yes, I brought a Boardman. No, not a new one (want to keep my bits) but a second had one which, according to the seller, had only been used twice....both times the person concerned fell off!!!! The item has a few scatches but nothing major and certainly worth it, with a list price of £499.... I got it for £215. As happens with all bikes, I have also brought a Boardman computer (£17.99 from Ebay) and have my eye on a new saddle....the seller had replaced the Ritchy one with some Halfords crap and then threw the Ritchy one away!!!! Berk.

Anyway, that should be with me next week....needs lights and a new lock for it (oh brought some spuds for it....don't tell Sharon as this has cost me over £300 now!!!).... so I will give you a report after my first trip out on it. I think I will head along the old railway line....brings back memories of when I first took up riding again in Jan 2007.... I remember riding along the disused railway line through puddles a foot deep.... I wonder who had the old MTB after I recycled it???

So, that's the news for today. As I said, not much to report.

Rollers Total 69.21 miles

No comments: