Wednesday 2 September 2009

Cold!

Blimey, it was cold out there this morning!! So much so, I went out with my coat and trackie bottoms on! I wonder how I am going to cope when winter actually arrives.

The ride… well I did Hyde Lea Bank to start the ride; something which is coming a little easier than it was a couple of months ago, while the rest of the ride to Penkridge was okay. Its quite hilly that way so takes a bit longer than the other three more direct routes but was achieved in 31 mins.

After a quick ride through Penkridge I ended up on the back road towards Cannock…strangely however after 10 miles I was feeling horrible and sore: my back was hurting and I couldn’t get my soft bits comfortable (add blush here).

The next couple of miles are along a slightly sloping road which wasn’t that much of an effort…its strange how giving yourself a good talking too when you want to give up helps! Then the horror of the “main” road back to Penkridge. Sigh.

Now the road is mostly down hill so its not difficult to average 18mph or more but blimey, its busier than I am used to. Can’t say I enjoyed it. The rest of the ride back was over well known routes so aren’t worth telling you about.

The route: http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=18429

So: Done 20.96 To Do: 259.04

Height climbed: 633 feet

Average speed 12.0 mph.

No comments: