Tuesday 22 September 2009

Sore foot

Ouch....my left foot is painful still.... indeed, so much so I even took some painkillers before I went out for a ride today. Its bruised without really being bruised so hurts everytime I put my foot down...sigh.

Anyway, after adding some padding to my cycling shoes, I set off for a shortish ride...well that was the plan and after struggling for a few miles, I decided it was time to go home. However, after cycling for a few miles unclipped I thought why not carry on for a bit and thus, I ended up on the New Penkridge Road near Cannock.

Well, it did cross my mind that it would be worth cycling over the hill at Huntingdon and down to were we used to live but given my foot problem I decided it would be better to leave it until Sunday. Instead, I doubled back on myself and back to Penkridge along the country lanes which few cars seem to be aware of.

Oh, it was a bit of a shock a few miles from home when, whilst going up a hill, I was overtaken by a funeral car....empty....waiting for me perhaps???

The route: http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=20902

Distance: 25.01. Total for the month: 239.76 To do. 40.24

Height climbed: 576. Total for the month: 6836

Average speed (it was very windy) 12mph.

No comments: