Thursday 17 September 2009

Riding Jordan 2

Well went out for a ride on Jordan for the second time on Tuesday and...er it was better than the first ride, due in part to the fact that I pumped the tyres up first! I was somewhat disappointed to discover that they were only at 60psi.

The route was a reasonable one and surprisingly, despite not trying I made it to 10 miles in "only" 47 minutes. Whilst that isn't the quickest I have ever done the distance, it is certainly an improvement over the first ride I did on her. The second 10 miles took me along a quiet but quite wide country road down towards the A5 and then over to Four Ashes. The road from there to Cannock is quite busy but certainly not difficult.

Whilst I was enjoying the ride, there is always one arsehole who makes things difficult for you...this time it was a twat in a small lorry who thought it fun to overtake me on a 90 degree bend which was just wide enough for him and me. I did laugh seconds later when the twat had to head into some bushes to avoid an oncoming car. The car driver was not impressed either!

The last 10 miles were a bit of a drag but then the last four are mostly uphill including a 250 climb: I made it up the last 10% hill into Coppenhill without stopping so I must be getting fitter.... I must.

Overall, 31 miles... not bad.

http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=20081

Distance: 31.53. Total 170.86 To do. 109.14

Height climbed: 843 Total 5160

Average. Around 11.5 mph...did slow down over the last few miles worse luck.

No comments: