Thursday 17 September 2009

Jordan part 3

Oh dear; oh dear; oh dear.

Todays ride, to say the least, was an unimpressive one. A right struggle actually.

The route was not that difficult and one I had done many times before, including the climb up Hyde Lea Bank but I just could not get any speed up; although it was better for me than for the old bloke laying in the road in Penkridge (outside Ian's Tackle....its a fishing shop) who had just been hit by a van. Luckily for him (if someone who has been hit by a van can be lucky) the first people on site were an army medic and the district nurse. I left them get on with it...nice pool of blood on the floor for someone to clear up however.

My loop around the backroads towards Cannock were not that impressive also, although coming backtowards Penkridge was slightly better.

Coming back home I decided to go via Acton Trussell and then over the railway bridge/ climb into Stafford; both were done without too much of a struggle, although my legs still weren't feeling good. Sigh.

So, a flat sort of ride (must check the tyres again) which I didnt really enjoy.

http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=20311

Distance: 20.14 Total 191.00 To do 89 miles....looks like I will made the target this month :-)

Height climbed: 556 Total 5716

Average speed: 11.4mph... unimpressive.

No comments: