Monday 21 September 2009

Weekend cycle report

A quick note regarding my weekend cycling then....

Well, Friday was spent trying Jordan out on the rollers and after a few problems clipping in and out a quick 5 miles was knocked out at an average of 15mph....strange how much quicker I am on rollers than on the road! I guess where are less inclines to bother with and no wind.

I think that 10 miles on the rollers this month overall.

On Saturday it was off down to London to see the Pro's do it during the final stage of the Tour of Britain. Some action but as with all crits, the race is normally settled in the last few hundred yards. I do wish the track had been shorter than the 8 miles or so so we would have seen more of the racing.

Yesterday...sunday... hummmm...it took me quite a bit of time to get the "get up and go" up to head out but I was pleased when I did as, for a change, things went well for me with a 10 mile time of 45 minutes or there abouts. The next 10 also took 45 minutes which I was very pleased about. I climbed the last hill into town on the road for the first time ever and "sprinted" up the back road at over 18mph! Oh...and this made me smile, I got wolf whisled when I climbed the last short hill by two young women.... yes yes, they were from the blind school no doubt.

The route: http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=20681

Distance: 23.75. Total 214.75 To do: 65.25

Height climbed: 544 Total 6260

Average speed 13.1

No comments: