Wednesday 28 October 2009

Anothe ride/Stafford Road Club

Well after doing next to nothing on the road this month, I went out this morning for the third morning running...and don't my knees know it!!!! The ride itself was okay if a little flat both in hills and in power: I doubt I averaged 12mph (forgot to check!). I did give up after about 10 miles as the sun was so low in the sky I couldnt really see where I was going and the road I was using was really muddy! (At least, I think it was mud).

The highlight of my ride however was bumping into the Stafford Road Club. A friendly bunch they seem and were more than happy for me to join in on their ride to RAF Cosford. However, they tend to do between 40 and 50 miles a ride (with an hours cafe break at the half way stage). Whilst I could manage the 12mph they say they average, I doubt I could do a 50 mile ride without much more practice! They do have a slow group which seems better tailored to me, so I left my number and hopefully they will get back to me.

The ride: www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=24656

Done: 19.31 (not going to make my average distance target this month) Total 188.29 To do 61.71 (3 days until the end of the month....don't think I am going to make 250 miles)

Height climbed: 470 feet. Total 5118

No comments: