Sunday 25 October 2009

The shame.....

Sigh.... I said during my last post that I needed to get my finger out as I still had 118 miles to go to meet this months targets....so, how far did I do on the road this week.....18 miles...28 miles....50 miles....???????????????????????? Nope, sigh...none. Yes, that's right, the shame. I didn't do any miles on the road this week.

So, why was that then apart from the fat that I am a fat useless lump who couldn't get his arse into gear. Well, that's quite a good place to start but the weather and work had something to do with it. As did the fact that I brough a multigym and had great fun... I mean great fun putting it together. I mean the instructions said it would take about an hour... nearer to 5 hours all in all! Afterall, there were 303 pieces to fit together. The overall effect when done... interesting althogh even 5kg at the moment is quite hard in some exercises. I will see how well I get on. I do hope it increases my upper body toning which, to be honest, is very poor.

So, did I use Jordan at all? Well yes but on my rollers.

My first ride (Monday) was really rather disappointing as I wimped out after only 2miles. I mean, 2 miles!!! I could do that with my eyes closed and my arms tied behind my back.

On Tuesday I managed a longer ride but still not impressive: 6 miles in 34 mins. For some reason, my legs just didnt seem to want to work.

Sigh, bit depressed on Thursday with the lack of effort during the week so I thought.... (have they got a thinking icon..... nope, can't see one...sigh), why not see how far you can do in one day. So, at lunchtime I thought lets try a 45 minutes ride... achieved 7.4 miles at an average of 12.8 mph... not that impressive as I managed 6.8 miles in 30 mins last week but at start. Then before tea I did another 45 mins achieving 7.72 miles at 13.1mph. Finally, just before Corrie I nocked out a quick 5 miles making 20.52 miles for the day. I was a little sore at the end but pleased with the effort.

So...Saturday came... and went. Sigh. It rained on and off and sadly the boss found sufficient work for me to do to mean I didnt get a chance to go out on the bike. I did however do some time in the gym which was useful exercise.

Sunday then...come on, shirley (don't call me shirley)... I would get out for a ride today....er, nope. This time I blame the boss for wanting me to go for a dog walk so that I could act as security. After that, it was gardening time and general cleaning. Oh, and once again it rained. I really do need to MTFU and learn to ride in the rain.

Instead, it was back on the rollers after a gym session for another 45 min ride. This time I managed a reasonably more impressive 8.11 miles at 13.4mph.

So... that's 36.63 miles on the rollers this week. So in total thats 87.04 miles on the rollers.

A quick post script... got to go out for a ride tomorrow as I have to take Jordan to the bike shop for a service.

No comments: