Friday 16 October 2009

Tail wind.....

No, not a wind from behind, but had curry last night.... :-)

Well, I haven't been out on the road all week due to work and weather so as I am a little short of things to do at the moment (goes mad a bit next week) and the fact that I needed to go to the post box, I headed out for a cycle ride at lunchtime today.

So...given that I only had an hour or so, I decided to go out for a quick blast to see how fast I could go.... my average speed it somewhat disappointing at the moment to say the least.

So how did I get on? Well, I got to Penkridge (5.8 miles) in around 23 mins which is quite good and made it to 10 miles in around 43 mins which, again is quite reasonable. I did sort of hit the wall with the last climb back into town (its just about 20 yards too long) but was pleased when I pulled onto the drive to note the average speed achieved was 13.0mph! Pleased with that!

www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=23501

Done: 15.41 Total: 100.93 To do 149.07

Height: 384 Total 2954

No comments: