Tuesday 27 October 2009

Jordan after a good servicing......

Well, she has had all her nuts tighted (blimey, the brakes are SHARP!) and the gears looked at so she was ready to cycle home this morning from Wolverhampton.

So, off I went noticing first of all how the taxi drivers in Wolverhampton don't seem to understand road markings...twat... and how bumpy cobbles are when you are doing down hill....almost made me wish I had an MTB.....hahahahahahahaha..... NOT! Anyway, a few quick peddle turns find me in the middle of Showell Road: or Shithole Road as the current wife calls it. Why am I mentioning it??? Well, some chav in a M reg BMW decided to shout at me as they overtook....shame for them that their car was so shit that I was able to stay behind them for the next few miles....wish I had had a D-Lock with me!!!!

I was surprised how quickly I made it to Cat & Kitten Lane and then on to the Stafford Road....confession here... I wimped out and used the cycle path rather than the main road...well its a duel carriage way witha 70mph speed limit! The surprised continued as I made it to Gailey (10 miles) in 44 minutes.

I past the hour at 13.0 miles....a good average that.

Well, one final climb into Stafford to face so I can try out the newly re-alined gears but quess what.... I made it up the hill (it used to KILL ME) using the middle ring at the front and 4th gear at the back.... most impressive for me!

My time home was 1.22minutes peddling with 1.28 being the overall time. I stopped only once for a drink at Gailey.

So the route: http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=24539

Done: 17.11 Total 168.98 Todo: 81.02

Height climbed: 338 (yes, its flat!) Total 4648

Average speed....12.8mph

No comments: