Sunday 11 October 2009

Rant

A bit of a rant over yesterdays ride....

Well, I decided to go and see a football game in the afternoon so picked Eccleshall V Norton United, a cup game in the North West League. I had never been there before and it looks like a reasonable fixture.

So, shall I rant about the fact that I didnt have any energy to start with so decided to take a short cut away from the large hills I wanted to climb to start with....nah.

Or about the fact that the bike wouldnt go into Grannie on the climb up out of Stone towards Yarnfield.... nope but I do need to get it fixed as I need that 30:25 gear!!!

Or the fact that I took the wrong turn and ended up going the long way to Eccleshall. No, not that.

Its not that fact also that despite priinting all the relevant maps for the ride but the one with the ground on. That's not worth a rant, its just plain stupid!

Or the fact that the game went to extra time meaning I had to cycle home in the semi dark.... I had lights on the bike so that wasnt much of a problem. (Norton won 3-1 aet by the way... a tight game which could have gone either way. A stupid decision at the end however to send a player off with 30 seconds to go).

It also wasnt a problem that I missed the turn for the back lanes home so ended up using the main road... traffic was light, not a problem.

No, none of that was a problem looking back....so why the rant??? Well, I turned up just as the match kicked off, asked for one and a programme and the gate man tried to sell me a discounted admission ticket.... a pensioners ticket...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do I fecking look like a pensioner!!!!!

So, if that's what cycling does for you... I'm giving up!!!

The route: http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=22895

Distance: 34.47 Total: 85.52 To do: 164.48

Height climbed: 1003 feet Total done: 2570

No comments: