Monday 26 October 2009

Servicing Jordan....

There must be a joke there somewhere..... Anyway, whilst I let your dirty mind work that one out, I rode to Wolverhampton this morning to have my new bike serviced.

Hummmm.... did I enjoy the ride? Well, not really... I struggled up Hyde Lea Bank as once again I could not get into my lowest gear... I did managed to get almost to the top in 3rd from bottom which is reasonably impressive. The rest of the ride to Penkridge was okay: I haven't been that way in a bit. Then I took the back road to Water Eaton which is single track and muddy most of the way. Interestingly, I never saw another car its whole 3 miles lenght. There were cars on the short bit of A5 I used. Thankfully they were friendly and no one tried to run me off the road.

Then it happened.... I got to the top of the hill on the Old Stafford Road only to discover I had lost my bike computer!!!! Sigh...so I doubled back on myself looking for it..... did I find it.... well actually I did which was lucky! So, I retraced my steps and soon (well not that soon) found myself on the outskirts of Wolverhampton.

Well, if you look at the map below you will note that its uphill most of the way into town...and cobbled for a bit which shook me up a bit.

So, Jordan is now having her nuts tighten (doesnt quite work that joke does it!). I got the bus home (the bus price has gone up 20% since I last used it about 8 months ago). I am collecting her all shinny and working perfect tomorrow morning.

Route: www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=24423

Distance: 20.48 Total 151.87 To do: 98.13

Height climbed: 743 feet. Total for the month: 4310

Average speed..... (a bit shameful)...11.1mph.

No comments: